What we offer
We are Lesotho's biggest tour operator specializing in putting together tailor-made packages and tours for Lesotho.With our experience and knowledge of the country we can offer just about everything Lesotho has to offer. Instead of going through all the hassle of trying to design your tour and making reservations why not contact us and let us do everything for you. Browse our website and check out all the destinations, accommodation establishment,activities, tours and maps. This will give you an idea of what you may want to see and do when you visit Lesotho.
Malealea Tours, run by Glenn Jones is a tour operator business specializing in Lesotho and the Wildcoast. We offer taylor-made packages that include everything Lesotho has to offer from two-wheel self-drive itineries to all-inclusive 4x4 overland Lesotho-Wildcoast safaris. Whatever the need, we will taylor-make your holiday to include optional activities like pony trekking, fishing, hiking, ski-ing, abseiling the highest commercial abseil in the world and many more. When booking with us we will provide you with well worked out itineries and maps to give you all the information you need for a great travel experience in these 'off the beaten track' destinations.
Malealea Tours offers just about everything Lesotho has to offer and if we can't do it we will find someone who can.
Some of the places in Lesotho are very difficult to get hold of as communication is a problem. Let us do the booking for you One phone call or email to us and we will take care of the rest.
How it works:
1.You let us know which accommodation places you want to stay in stating:
- Number of adults and children (include ages)
- Exact dates of arrival and departure indicate whether you would like meals and, if so, specify which meals.
- You can also click on the enquire now button on each page and fill in the form which will give us more information to help us with your booking.
2. We then check availability and make a provisional reservation - please note with some accommodation establishments this can take a day or two for us to get hold of them and receive their confirmation.Once we receive their confirmation we will send you a quote with payment details.
3. If you accept the quote and pay the deposit we will proceed with the booking and confirm the booking
4. We will then send you an accommodation voucher which you will present on arrival as confirmation of your booking.
Self-drive tailor-made tours:
These are a bit more complicated but we can put together any tour you are looking for.
How it works:
1.Click on the enquire now button found on any page and fill in the form - this gives us a good idea of what type of tour you are looking for. The more information you give us the easier it is for us to set up your itinerary.
2.You can browse our website and go through destinations, accommodation, activities and tours and decide which areas you would like to visit and let us know.
3. Based on this information we can decide on a possible itinerary for you.
4. Once we have both agreed on a suitable itinerary we will then send you a quote based on that itinerary
5. If you accept the quote and pay the deposit we will begin the booking process
6. it may happen that we have to change the itinerary slightly according to availability - if the itinerary changes only slightly we wont need to requote
7. If the itinerary changes drastically because of availability we will have to requote.
8. Once we receive booking confirmations from all the establishments we send you accommodation vouchers which you need to present on arrival.
9. Once we receive your full payment we will send you detailed route descriptions and a map of your route.
We offer our own guided tours which you will find on the tours page: These include a guided fly-fishing tour, a 14-day overland Lesotho and Wildcoast tour, a guided 4-day pony trek, a guided 4-day hike and a 5-day guided mountain bike tour. Please note the above tours are our stanndard packages but we can taylor-make each one to suite any requirements.
How it works:
1. For standard tours or tailor-made tours give us a call or email and let us know which tour you are interested in and we will send you a quote.
2.If you accept the quote and pay the deposit we will begin the booking process which involves booking our guide,vehicles and accommodation
3. It may happen that we have to change the itinerary slightly according to availability - if the itinerary changes only slightly we wont need to requote
4. If the itinerary changes drastically because of availability we will have to requote.
5. Once we receive your full payment we will send you detailed route descriptions and a map of your route.
Backpacker Travel Information:
We have extensive knowledge of travel routes and local transport options for Lesotho so give us a call or email if you need information.